The Hindu Vocabulary For All Competitive Exams 06 March 2021
1. IMPLICATION (NOUN): suggestion
Synonyms: inference, insinuation
Antonyms: explicit statement
Example Sentence: The implication is that no one person at the bank is responsible.
2. NOTABLE (ADJECTIVE): noteworthy
Synonyms: remarkable, outstanding
Example Sentence: The gardens are notable for their collection of magnolias and camellias.
3. SCRUTINY (NOUN): inspection
Synonyms: survey, scan
Example Sentence: She checked her weapons with scrutiny that would’ve made her father proud.
- SCANTY (ADJECTIVE): meagre
Synonyms: scant, minimal
Example Sentence: They paid whatever they could out of their scanty wages to their families.
- ABROGATION (NOUN): repudiation
Synonyms: revocation, repeal
Example Sentence: They have regarded the law’s renewal and abrogation with about equal anxiety.
- GRIEVANCE (NOUN): complaint
Synonyms: criticism, objection
Example Sentence: He was nursing a grievance.
- FLIMSY (ADJECTIVE): insubstantial
Synonyms: slight, light
Example Sentence: The huts are relatively few and flimsy.
- EVENTFUL (ADJECTIVE): busy
Synonyms: event-filled, action-packed
Example Sentence: His long and eventful life.
- SKETCHY (ADJECTIVE): incomplete
Synonyms: inadequate, limited
Example Sentence: The information they had was sketchy.
- EMBARRASSMENT (NOUN): awkwardness
Synonyms: self-consciousness, unease
Example Sentence: I turned red with embarrassment.