The Hindu Vocabulary For All Competitive Exams 05 March 2021
1. UNRAVEL (VERB): solve
Synonyms: resolve, work out
They were attempting to unravel the cause of death.
2. UNRELENTING (ADJECTIVE): continual
Synonyms: constant, continuous
She established her authority with unrelenting thoroughness.
3. CONVENE (VERB): summon
Synonyms: call, order
He had convened a secret meeting of military personnel.
4. INDOLENT (ADJECTIVE): lazy
Synonyms: idle, slothful
They were indolent and addicted to a life of pleasure.
5. PEDESTRIAN (ADJECTIVE): dull
Synonyms: plodding, boring
Antonyms: inspired, exciting
Disenchantment goes along with their pedestrian lives.
6. PERIPHERAL (ADJECTIVE): secondary
Synonyms: subsidiary, incidental
She will see their problems as peripheral to her own.
7. DISPASSIONATE (ADJECTIVE): unemotional
Synonyms: non-emotional, unsentimental
She dealt with life’s disasters in a calm, dispassionate way.
8. OUTLANDISH (ADJECTIVE): weird
Synonyms: queer, offbeat
They were three wise, outlandish kings.
- UNSETTLED (ADJECTIVE): restless
Synonyms: restive, fidgety
She felt edgy and unsettled.
- COMPLIANCE (NOUN): acquiescence
Synonyms: agreement, assent
The compliance with government views shown by the commission.