The Hindu Vocabulary For All Competitive Exams.
- WITHER (VERB): wilt
Synonyms: droop, fade
The grass had withered to an unappealing brown.
- INHERENT (ADJECTIVE): intrinsic
Synonyms: innate, immanent
Any form of mountaineering has its inherent dangers.
- INCEPTION (NOUN): establishment
Synonyms: institution, foundation
She has been on the board since its inception two years ago.
- EXTANT (ADJECTIVE): surviving
Synonyms: remaining, abiding
Two fourteenth-century manuscripts of this text are still extant.
- MISBELIEF (NOUN): unorthodoxy
Synonyms: heresy, delusion
It is a misbelief that alcohol problems require a specialist response.
- SCARCELY (ADVERB): rarely
Synonyms: seldom, infrequently
They could scarcely all be wrong.
- OPPRESSIVE (ADJECTIVE): harsh
Synonyms: cruel, brutal
The country is ruled by an oppressive regime.
- AUGMENT (VERB): increase
Synonyms: add to, supplement
His joys augmented after his promotion.
- EQUITABLE (ADJECTIVE): fair
Synonyms: just, impartial
This equitable arrangement was accepted by the estates directly.
- FORTHWITH (ADVERB): immediately
Synonyms: at once, instantly
We forthwith paid the money required.